
Yesterday, my good friend Mary and I enjoyed a day of art at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. It makes my head hurt thinking about art- what is it? Who decides it's art? Some of the pottery remnants and artifacts from ancient Chinese dynasties were mass produced durable items that were common in peasants homes. Does that mean if I bury my dishes deep enough they too could be a bit of history some day?
I also get a headache in museums because I spend too much time reading the dimly lit, cramped narratives and story boards. I forget to look at the item, because I'm too busy trying to figure out what it is. Some of my favorite pieces from yesterday are included in this post.
I did discover that I enjoy photographs- I like the life that is depicted in pictures. Sometimes artifacts and paintings leave me with a cold feeling. (Pictures: Top left Ansel Adams, bottom left Double Gourd Shaped Ewer, bottom right Bamboo and Rocks.)
I did discover that I enjoy photographs- I like the life that is depicted in pictures. Sometimes artifacts and paintings leave me with a cold feeling. (Pictures: Top left Ansel Adams, bottom left Double Gourd Shaped Ewer, bottom right Bamboo and Rocks.)



No comments:
Post a Comment