The network at work slowly started going down yesterday. One computer went down in the morning, another in the afternoon, and then this morning when we got in the rest of them were down. It kinda seemed like a horror movie written for IT nerds. It took IT a couple hours to figure it out this morning but by 10 am we were back on line. (In the mean time we spent our time identifying our skull collection... yayI'm putting my biology degree to use!)
But the degree to which I was useless totally unnerved me. I was dead in the water- couldn't access email, couldn't access my files... couldn't play on the internet! So, here I am at home wondering what was life like before computers? I do remember the old floppy disks that had number crunchers and math blasters, but I never did any work on them. So, here's a few "life before computers" pages- thanks to Google.
1. Do you remember when OR Life before computers
2. Grace's Place exhibit shows the evolution of type technology
3. REFLECTIONS ON EARLY COMPUTERS
Maybe the questions should be "what was life like before Google?"
No comments:
Post a Comment