Thursday, May 7, 2009

Craving coke...

I gave up pop earlier this spring, but that's starting in the middle. Let me start at the beginning!
In 2005 I started drinking Diet Coke. My roommates all drank Diet Coke, and it was easier to throw a couple bucks into a Diet Coke pot every couple of weeks. I got used to the taste and that's what I drank until this past fall.
That's when my chiropracter was trying to figure out my afternoon headaches. My neck had been un-kinked and my eyes are fine. He suggested I switch back to regular Coke- since I don't drink that much pop anyway. The chemicals that make it "diet" can wreak havoc on our systems. So I did- and my headaches more or less went away! Sweet!
Then about a month ago, I decided I didn't need pop at all. I only drink a can of something a day- if that. (I usually don't finish an entire can.)
And then I realized how much I enjoy pop wtih a meal, or mid-afternoon at work occasionally. Especially if I don't have time to make coffee in the morning, and yes I realize this means I'm somewhat addicted to caffeine.
So, I went back on my "no pop" thing- and amended it to mean I will not buy pop in bulk to have at home. This gives me an "out" at work or at restaurants.
But even with those "outs"... I'm still craving coke.

No comments: