Saturday, June 27, 2009

Attic progress

Chris and I have been working remodeling the attic for quite awhile now. We got as far as we could this winter and then hit a dead end. We had stripped out the old paneling, ripped out the old drywall (whoever installed did a horrendous job), discovered loads of bat guano, framed in two closets and upgraded the insulation.
From earlier this winter before we started putting up the drywall.
Okay, when I say "we" I mean Chris. =) But WE hit a dead end earlier this spring after we had got most of the sheet rock up. We hired a contractor to finish this up before Chris leaves for Italy next month. Here's an updated shot from roughly the same spot.
And finally, a few more shots from different spots upstairs. It's almost time to pick paint and carpet!

See mom- we'll now have a wall over the stairs (and soon a railing!)

2 comments:

Jena said...

Wow, you guys! The attic is really transforming. Nice work! So what is the intented use of said attic when it's finished?

Krista said...

Thanks! It'll be our bedroom some day in the (near) future.