Monday, March 8, 2010

March: The muddy month

I love the spring and fall transition seasons!  They smell crisp and earthy, I can wear less/more layers and I love the feeling of change. 

The highs have been in the upper 30’s to mid 40’s the last week or so, which has been absolutely welcome after a long snowy Minnesota winter.  I loved this winter!  It reminded me of the winters of my childhood- it’s been awhile since our region has seen this much snow. 

Now Minnesota is shedding its layer of snow in preparation for another growing season.  The snow melts a little more everyday and each night creates ice skating rinks on sidewalks and roads, thaws into swampy mud in our yard (while unveiling countless piles of, uh, “gold”) and causes me to use a ridiculous amount of windshield fluid. 

But, I know in just a few short weeks the wildflowers will emerge, the sap will stop running and the trees will bud and well… I’ll be a few weeks closer to being married!

Bring on spring!

No comments: