So much to do, so little time! Chris and I had each bought a Chicago City Pass which covered admission to The Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry and either the Sears Tower or John Hancock Observatory.
On Thursday we got up bright and early with the intent of having a quick breakfast and checking out the Planetarium. We wanted to try and squeeze the Aquarium in too. But quickly realized that that wouldn't be happening. Instead we chose to enjoy a leisurely day at the Planetarium, a quiet stroll back to the hotel and a have a nice meal somewhere.
The Planetarium was super fun. We racked our brains and realized that we had both been to a planetarium at home during our school days- but wondered what happened to it. (They had the same machine in the center of the room as we had experienced once before.) I didn't mean to, but I did fall asleep during one of the shows!
We returned to the hotel to watch some TV and to eat a quick bite to tide us over until our 8 pm dinner reservation at l2O. That dinner was the best meal I've EVER eaten. The pictures I took on my phone didn't save- which is such a shame. We will be talking about this meal for the rest of our lives. All I'll say, is that my second course was served under a "cloud" of cotton candy sprinkled with peppercorn and bee pollen. Seriously.
Pictures from day 3:
No comments:
Post a Comment