Thursday, April 23, 2009

The dill is up!

This just in- the dill I started last week is up!

Chris and I started a bunch of veggies and herbs for our new garden. We started a couple trays of herbs, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers inside. They’ve been under grow lights in the kitchen and now that it’s starting to get warm out, we’ve been putting them out in the sunlight during the day. It won’t be until late May before we transfer them into the garden. (Our average last frost isn’t until mid-May.)

Last week we framed our garden (above) and I planted some cold weather veggies. We’re trying peas, beans, radishes, rutabaga and lettuces. Some of the lettuces and peas are starting to sprout! Before I transplant the warm season veggies I think the soil needs a bit more preparation. We shall see…

1 comment:

Jena said...

Awesome! I hope to have better luck with our garden this year...last year was mostly a flop save the zucchini