Post race we're all wearing our Simple Steps t-shirts (a walking program in Dakota County). Pictured left to right are Lynn, Angie, myself (no braces!) Autumn and Katie.
My second wet run of the day came after an afternoon of lounging around. Chris had just left for his afternoon run when McClain started complaining about not being invited along. The beagle in him was getting REALLY loud, so I went to let him in. He slipped from my grasp and took off down the sidewalk after Chris. I bellowed for him to come back, but on he sprinted. He stopped at the corner to investigate, and mark, the fire hydrant before slipping out of sight. I was following as fast as I could in my slippers and was relieved to find him sitting about half way up the block when I rounded the corner. As soon as I called his name he knew he was in trouble, but I was relieved when he immediately came galloping over to me. My heart was beating like a freight train as I dropped to the sidewalk to hug, scold, yell and pet him.
1 comment:
Nice new blog look! Wow, that way too much running for one day! I was supposed to do a 5K Easter weekend, but bailed on it. But I went MAYBE 1.5 miles last night...it's a start, right?
Post a Comment