Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving holiday started on Wednesday. I worked from home in the morning while my car was in the shop getting some work done. Nothing major a couple new tires and some routine maintenance that I had neglected. I now have four new tires and am officially ready for winter!
The afternoon was spent cleaning/picking up around the house and prepping a few food items.  I really like getting ready to host events. I like thinking about which dish is best for each food item and then thinking about the order that each item needs to be cooked, warmed or served.
After a few hours at home I met up with a couple of friends for pedicures and dinner. It has been way too long since my toes were pampered like that!
Bright and early Thursday morning Chris and I were up doing last minute cleaning and prepping for our families. We hosted a 2 pm dinner for Chris' mom, brother, sister and my mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law. It was sure cozy in our little house!
I was so thankful to have a cozy house to share with my family- it was a wonderful day of stories, laughter, games and food. Wherever you are I hope you were also among family, friends and good times.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: